Who We Are
Strongpoint is an award-winning application for cloud systems to enable automated change management and compliance. We are 4 years old with 200 customers, and growing! Our customers include; GoPro, Williams Sonoma, Snapchat, Spotify and a host of other companies.
We have boot-strapped our operations to grow without needing to pull in venture capital funding. Now that we sit at 30 employees, we’re at the stage where we require systematic product development and compelling marketing and communication plans in line with product value propositions and creative standards.
Strongpoint is available on the Salesforce AppExchange and Oracle NetSuite SuiteApps.
Located in Toronto, the role will report to our V.P. Development. The selected candidate will be a decisive, results-oriented problem solver, who enjoys a fast-paced work environment. This person will work with stakeholders to help define requirements, drive alignment, and manage expectations for each project. They will participate as a product owner on the scrum team, setting the priority and honing user story details on behalf of the business. The product leader is customer driven and can navigate the product life cycle of an enterprise-level SaaS product.
In this capacity, they will also be responsible for reporting and mitigating risks, ensuring that project outcomes meet or exceed company standards.
- Lead a portfolio of product related projects through a team of employees.
- Works alongside leadership team to set direction, policies, standards and practices related to the product management process.
- Set strategy to successfully launch new products as required.
- Responsible for the scope, critical work path, schedule, and effective execution, including prioritizing work, resources, and deliverables for individual projects.
- Ownership of user documentation and support materials.
- Lead Scrum process to organize development sprints.
- Plan and manage the budget for the overall product improvements, and releases.
- Work with customers, conducting validation and feedback sessions. Attend and participate in regular team status meetings.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with three-five years of SaaS-based product management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software product development—requirements gathering, analysis, specification, verification, and road map development practices.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience with software development life-cycle methodologies. Agile SCRUM a plus.
- Functional knowledge in one or more of the following areas: documentation, compliance, and change management. Having worked in a NetSuite and/or Salesforce environment is a plus.
- Analytical skills to research, summarize, and organize customer business requirements.
- Proven ability developing detailed user requirements, using different methodologies to gather inputs from a varied user community. Ability to manage clients to making the best product decisions.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment. Proven influence and teamwork skills.
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives.
- Asset: Knowledge of a Project Management Software (Pivotal Tracker, Confluence, JIRA, Trello).