Director of Marketing
Who We Are
Strongpoint is an award-winning application for cloud systems to enable automated change management and compliance. We are 4 years old with 200 customers, and growing! Our customers include; GoPro, Williams Sonoma, Snapchat, Spotify and a host of other companies.
We have boot-strapped our operations to grow without needing to pull in venture capital funding. Now that we sit at 30 employees, we’re at the stage where we require systematic product development and compelling marketing and communication plans in line with product value propositions and creative standards.
Strongpoint is available on the Salesforce AppExchange and Oracle NetSuite SuiteApps.
We’re looking for a B2B marketing executive with a playbook to grow a successful enterprise SaaS product and revenue. A highly motivated, self-starter that’s able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Located in Toronto, the role will report directly to the CEO. The Marketing Leader holds overall responsibility for the marketing strategy of the organization.
Strongpoint is a rapidly growing B2B SaaS company with over 180 customers, with strong case studies, and an expanding market presence. This role will be the first in-house Marketing hire, and will be responsible for marketing strategy, tactical execution of marketing plans, and building out the marketing team.
- Lead all marketing efforts across the organization
- Develop corporate and product messaging for all market segments
- Generate pipeline in partnership with the Sales team, including strategy and execution for inbound, marketing automation, demand generation, events and field marketing, Sales enablement, etc.
- Define and drive strategies for customer acquisition, retention and engagement
- Build brand awareness through marketing communications and programs, PR, media, and events
- Presentation of Strongpoint products as through digital/web, marketing collateral and conference and event materials.
- Develop and execute co-marketing initiatives with Strongpoint’s network of partners, which include distribution partners like NetSuite and Salesforce, resellers, and third-party integrations
- Work with third-party firms to develop campaigns for new product launches and other notable events
- Create event strategy, including major industry events, trade shows, conferences, and regional events
- Develop online/social media strategies that provide growth and positive exposure.
- Drive Marketing plan, budget, metrics, and reporting
- Identify team members required for Marketing team; over time hire, lead, and develop team members
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience as a Director or VP of Marketing, leading revenue-building marketing programs for a B2B SaaS or enterprise software business.
- Demonstrated experience leading marketing initiatives with a performance history of driving revenue and increasing market share within high-growth, fast-paced environments
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a senior-level team (including cross-functional collaboration).
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Action and results-oriented: rolls up sleeves and tackles work head-on.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time to industry events and customer sites as needed
- Undergraduate degree; MBA preferred.
- Nice to have: experience in FinTech or Compliance/Audit industries