Director of Development
Who We Are
Strongpoint is an award-winning application for cloud systems to enable automated change management and compliance. We are 4 years old with 200 customers, and growing! Our customers include; GoPro, Williams Sonoma, Snapchat, Spotify and a host of other companies.
We have boot-strapped our operations to grow without needing to pull in venture capital funding. Now that we sit at 30 employees, we’re at the stage where we require systematic product development and compelling marketing and communication plans in line with product value propositions and creative standards.
Strongpoint is available on the Salesforce AppExchange and Oracle NetSuite SuiteApps.
- This role will report to the CTO (and is positioned to become a Vice President role).
- Lead multi-location product development teams to develop, support and scale existing applications that are facing extensive growth in complexity as well as usage volume.
- Modify existing designs to improve the quality of the integration of multiple SaaS applications across NetSuite and Salesforce platforms.
- Play key role to help improving and optimizing the product development process in an agile (SCRUM) development environment.
- Work closely with product and operations teams.
- Build out the engineering team in line with your proven blueprint for effective software product engineering teams.
- Effectively mentor and develop a team of software developers including direct reports who themselves lead people and technology.
- Work with Product Management to deliver the product roadmap on-time. communicating clearly with your team, management and partners. Support an innovative engineering culture focused on code quality, technical collaboration, efficiency, ownership and accountability.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science required or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience leading development teams (in a software product/SaaS company preferred.)
- 5+ years of software development.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycles, tools, processes and best practices.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Possesses superior interpersonal, communication, management, and problem solving skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Hands on experience with secure software engineering practices & standard methodologies for the full software development process, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills.